kIEFER TEK LTD specializes in design, authorization, installation, operation, and management of wind farms, as well as of small wind turbines.
The basic steps of developing a wind farm, which we undertake to materialize, are the following:
Identifying the suitable installation area
Specialized personnel visits the region of interestand according tosome datait is primarily determined ifthearea is suitablefor the installation of a windpower plant. Some of the data that are examined are thepossibility of interconnection with the station, the accessibility, if there is evidence that testify the existence of exploitable wind potential, the local acceptance etc.
Measurement anddeterminationof the windpotential ofthe area under study
- Installation of meteorological tissues which record data for at least two years.
- Data processing using an appropriate software for the determination of the average speed, the main wind direction, the turbulence etc.
- Correlation between the results and the already existing wind potential profiles of the region.
- Estimation of the wind energy potential for the installation of small wind turbines using wind maps and correlating long-term wind energy potential data with the wind atlas database.
- Digitizingof HMGS maps ona scale of 1:5.000 or digitization of satellite images of the area which cover the surface of at least 10 km in any direction from the center of the park under study using an appropriate software.
- Three-dimensional visualization of terrain in the region via an appropriate software.
- Use of digital satellite orthophotomaps.
- Estimation of the soil roughness.
Results andselection of an appropriatewind turbine:
- The combination of wind energy potential measurements and topography describes the three-dimensional wind field.
- Themost energy efficient locations of the wind turbines are determined by the use of anappropriate software and of fluid mechanics equations.
- Utilizingthe results we selectthe most energy efficient and economicallyoptimal turbine.
- For the correct positioning-siting of the turbines of a wind farm, we take into account wind, topographical and environmental factors.
- The siting of the wind farm is based on criteria such as:
- The optimal wind potential in the region
- The energy efficiency of wind turbines
- The low atmospheric turbulence
- The local slope and thefoundation suitability
- The minimum distance between wind turbines
- The prevailing wind directions based on the statistic alanalysis of the results
Additional necessary studies andtasks:
- Risk analysis and techno-economic viability study
- Environmental Impact Study (Study of noise pollution, visual impact study)
- Studies of construction works
- Civil Engineering Studies
- Geotechnical Studies
- Road Construction Studies
- Structural Design
- Building Permit
- Electrical Studies of interconnection to the network or to a new substation and electrical studies of the internal MV network of the wind power station.
- Civil engineering works
- Interconnection works and works of the internal MV network of the wind farm
- Erection and commissioning of the Station
- Monitoring of the operation and energy production analysis